Get access to all lessons in this course.
Going Deeper with R
Advanced Data Wrangling and Analysis
- Importing Data
- Tidy Data
- Reshaping Data
- Dealing with Missing Data
- Changing Variable Types
- Advanced Variable Creation
- Advanced Summarizing
- Binding Data Frames
- Merging Data
- Renaming Variables
- Quick Interlude to Reorganize our Code
- Exporting Data
Advanced Data Visualization
- Data Visualization Best Practices
- Tidy Data
- Pipe Data Into ggplot
- Reorder Plots to Highlight Findings
- Line Charts
- Use Color to Highlight Findings
- Use the scales Package for Nicely Formatted Values
- Use Direct Labeling
- Use Axis Text Wisely
- Use Titles to Highlight Findings
- Use Color in Titles to Highlight Findings
- Use Annotations to Explain
- Tweak Spacing
- Customize Your Theme
- Customize Your Fonts
- Try New Plot Types
- Advanced Markdown Text Formatting
- Advanced YAML
- Inline R Code
- Making Your Reports Shine: Word Edition
- Making Your Reports Shine: HTML Edition
- Making Your Reports Shine: PDF Edition
- Other Formats
- You Did It!
Making Your Reports Shine: PDF Edition
This lesson is locked
This lesson is called Making Your Reports Shine: PDF Edition, part of the Going Deeper with R course. This lesson is called Making Your Reports Shine: PDF Edition, part of the Going Deeper with R course.
Click on the transcript to go to that point in the video. Please note that transcripts are auto generated and may contain minor inaccuracies.
--- title: "Report on Diversity in Oregon Schools" author: "David Keyes" date: "4/28/2020" params: race_ethnicity_category: "Hispanic/Latino" knit: pagedown::chrome_print output: pagedown::html_paged ---
Convert your report to
To learn more about the
pagedown package, check out the documentation (which is built, appropriately enough, as a pagedown document).
If you want to see the pagedown template made for the OMNI Institute, check out its documentation here.
Although I had trouble getting the
chrome_print() function to work here, I have definitely gotten it to work! It is very helpful to knit slides made with the
xaringan package (covered in an upcoming lesson) to PDF.