Office Hours: October 9, 2020

• Office Hours: October 9, 2020

David updated 1 week, 5 days ago 1 Member · 3 Posts
  • David

Organizer
    October 6, 2020 at 7:49 am

This discussion thread is where we’ll gather all questions before the first ever office hours session this Friday.

If you have additional questions you’d like to discuss, please add them below.

• David

Organizer
    October 6, 2020 at 7:50 am

@clint-thomson asked the following by email:

I’m currently working through some Markdown material. I was wondering whether you knew of how to set the output file name when knitting from Markdown to Word or pdf. This would save me from having to rename the exported file manually after knitting. Even better, if it’s possible to auto-knit multiple reports from the same Markdown file (one for each entry in a column in the data file, e.g. one for each province or state), that would be great!

I’ve googled around on this topic and while this appears possible, the “how” is a bit less clear from the information I’ve looked at. If you might be able to point me in the right direction, I’d greatly appreciate it.

This is very possible and we’ll discuss it on Friday! If you want to learn in advance about what’s known as parameterized reporting, check out this article from the Urban Institute.

• David

Organizer
    October 9, 2020 at 2:35 pm

Thanks all for joining! I’m delighted with how many people turned out. The recording is below.

You can find the code from our session here.

The multireport package that I have developed can be found here.

The article from the Urban Institute that I referenced throughout is here.

If you have any questions, please respond below!

https://vimeo.com/466674095/bfe6ff63b2

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now
The R for the Rest of Us community is live! Join regular office hours, ask questions in the forum, and more!