Get access to all lessons in this course.
Going Deeper with R
Advanced Data Wrangling
- Downloading and Importing Data
- Overview of Tidy Data
- Tidy Data Rule #1: Every Column is a Variable
- Tidy Data Rule #3: Every Cell is a Single Value
- Tidy Data Rule #2: Every Row is an Observation
- Changing Variable Types
- Dealing with Missing Data
- Advanced Summarizing
- Binding Data Frames
- Data Merging
- Exporting Data
- Bring It All Together (Advanced Data Wrangling)
Advanced Data Visualization
- Best Practices in Data Visualization
- Tidy Data
- Pipe Data into ggplot
- Reorder Plots to Highlight Findings
- Line Charts
- Use Color to Highlight Findings
- Add Descriptive Labels to Your Plots
- Use Titles to Highlight Findings
- Use Annotations to Explain
- Tweak Spacing
- Create a Custom Theme
- Customize Your Fonts
- Try New Plot Types
- Bring it All Together (Advanced Data Visualization)
- Advanced Markdown
- Advanced YAML and Code Chunk Options
- Inline R Code
- Making Your Reports Shine: Word Edition
- Making Your Reports Shine: PDF Edition
- Making Your Reports Shine: HTML Edition
- Publishing Your Work
- Quarto Extensions
Advanced Markdown Text Formatting
This lesson is locked
This lesson is called Advanced Markdown Text Formatting, part of the Going Deeper with R course. This lesson is called Advanced Markdown Text Formatting, part of the Going Deeper with R course.
Click on the transcript to go to that point in the video. Please note that transcripts are auto generated and may contain minor inaccuracies.
Add the Oregon Department of Education logo to the top of your report. You can find it at https://github.com/rfortherestofus/going-deeper/raw/master/slides/images/ode-logo.jpg
Add the following text (make sure you include the link, which points to https://www.oregon.gov/ode/pages/default.aspx ):
This is a report for the Oregon Department of Education on diversity in Oregon school districts.
Add the following text as a block quote:
The Oregon Department of Education fosters equity and excellence for every learner through collaboration with educators, partners, and communities.
Add a link to the source for mission statement above (https://www.oregon.gov/ode/about-us/Pages/default.aspx ) as a footnote.
The RMarkdown cheatsheet is a great place to turn to for questions on formatting text. The second page has information on advanced markdown text formatting.